Carbon dating formula derivation

In the case of radiocarbon dating, the half-life of carbon 14 is 5,730 years.

Carbon dating formula derivation

One specific example of exponential decay is purified kerosene, used for jet fuel.

The kerosene is purified by removing pollutants, using a clay filter.

So, the fossil is 8,680 years old, meaning the living organism died 8,680 years ago.

Plutonium Plutonium 239 is a man-made radioactive isotope. Plutonium 239 has a half-life of 24,110 years, which means that it would take 240,000 years to decay to a safe amount.

Suppose the clay is in a pipe and as the kerosene flows through the pipe, every foot of clay removes 20% of the pollutants, leaving 80%.

Comments